Thursday, December 10, 2015

Stress Management

It is interesting to see how people manage stress. When someone is in a stressed out, you can see them in their purest form. There is typically no show or cover up, just pure emotion.

In the last week or so I've been able to experience people (students, teachers and other humans) in this raw state.
I've seen people cry, yell, go silent, laugh, deflect. (It's really been a world wind week) this really got me thinking... "How do I act when I'm stressed?"    Better yet.. "How am I perceived?" I'm sure if you asked my students they could give you a detailed description. There would probably be some physical example and some reminiscing. They know me well. 

Furthermore, I was led to ask myself how does me being stressed out negatively impact students? I think I may ask them tomorrow!! Unfortunately, stress is inevitable or Buuuuut, maybe if we can keep our students and our classroom environments in mind, we can manage our stress in a way that doesn't effect education. 


Those situations also helped me realize that people really do think about their own reactions to stress. (Maybe it's just me)


No comments:

Post a Comment